CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

3.12.2007

Straddling Seasons

I like this new place I am. Obviously, I am not totally thrilled with the situation, but who I am and where I am inside me makes me feel pretty darn good. I have been fighting my way up for so long it's been hard to look around. But after the precipice, I have slowly been awakening to my surroundings.

This morning while walking C. to school, I noticed they are awakening too. Frost on the windows, nipping cold on my nose and ears, yes. But there was also a new flowing of noises. The squirrels are always out, but they seem to scamper more merrily. As if they know their winter diet is nearing an end.

And of course, there's the birds. The sounds of chirping birds filled the air. J. was delighted to point out the plump robin hopping along under the bush next to us.

Yes, spring is coming. A time of hope and rebirth and renewal. That feeling spans time, cultures and religions. It's a feeling that's so primal we all feel it. When I was young, fall was my favorite season. It meant school and less hours at home. I find that the beginning of fall and the beginning of spring have much the same feel. But as I get older, I find I much prefer spring. Although fall still has its attractions, the hope is spring is wonderful to behold.

0 i wanna add my .02!: