CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

3.22.2007

letting go

we've walked this stretch of beach before
the waves fall into the shore
the sand shifts under our feet
what should be the same is ever changing

in the past we have entwined our arms
fingers laced together
heads tilted towards each other

we've also just walked side by side
fingertips touching
the words on our lips barely said

each time we walk this strand
we walk a different way
near far
but together

now I find myself turning away
facing into the wind
the horizon in the other direction
a new place to walk

I hear you call my name and I turn back
to see you reaching towards me, hand palm up
warm brown eyes filled with love
fear
longing

the wind holds me up, pushing me towards you
but I worry that it will fail
I will fall
I have nobody but myself to do the catching

still your hand reaches out
your voice hopeful
the wind gusts around me
confusion swirls in eddies

I reach out to you, touching your fingertips lightly
this is a chance I'm taking
one I am not sure I want to take
if I finally walk alone
at least I know I tried.

3 i wanna add my .02!:

Anonymous said...

Very well written, you have a way with words!

Rachel said...

Beautiful...this one definitely brought a tear. You described these feelings perfectly! Thinking of you and hoping,
Rachel

Bree said...

I was thinking of all the walks we have had on the beach, from the first months of our dating and going to Nags Head, early anniversary trip back there, Spring Break with friends in Oriental...Hawaii...it just seemed so fitting, always the same yet always changing.

I am tired of being confused. I am tired of feeling strong one moment and weak the next. Of knowing the answer is to walk and then his sweet words make me want to stay.

I suppose like these last two posts say, I don't have to choose right away and if we fail, at least we tried. I just hope I stay aware and we keep growing instead of reaching 'the plain of lethal flatness' that will lead to problems popping up again.