CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

2.16.2007

I am Woman, Hear me Roar!

So, in follow up to my post about trying to shovel the driveway, you can see what I accomplished today:


Yes, all but the last four feet, I cleared! I poured hot water onto the pavement, it turned the bottom of the ice into slush and I was able to get the spade under and break it off into chunks.

While I did this, two guys were working on the driveway two houses down. I did what they did, only smarter and alone. I feel a real sense of accomplishment. Like I can take care of myself and plow through obstacles when I need to.

Of course, the self confidence flew out the door when, almost finished, I went to go inside for more hot water only to find my 2yo had locked me out of the house! She laughed at me as I alternatively pleaded, threatened and briber her to turn the little button for mommy. J. truly is a mischievous pixie. I finally slid my way to the back door, as our entire yard is an ice skating rink, and talked her into opening the sliding glass door. The only problem is the door is one of those that needs steps and doesn't have them, so it has a protective rail instead. I had to kick up my boots and climb in like a very cold and irritated burglar.

But over all, feeling good. The house isn't looking like I hoped it would considering my sister is coming (I pick her up from the airport at midnight!) But I still feel good and am looking forward to a week of not being lonely and maybe a bit of a break from this I am the only grownup with two kids 24/7.

I can accomplish anything I set my determination to, it feels good even if my hands, shoulders and back all feel sore.

1 i wanna add my .02!:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you check email while your sis is there. I want to hear how it's going. Tellmetellmetellme!

That's some good progress you made there. And like I told you on the phone, if you really were a single mom you could always arrange it to where it's not on your own two shoulders.
Hugs!