CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

2.07.2007

May I take a Moment and Celebrate?

Ok, seriously I have been too distracted lately being (temporary?) 'single mom' and all the other stuff going on in my life and marriage. Sometimes I feel like I barely have the energy to hold my head up, let alone doggy paddle to the shore.

But, bright spot in recent events...the announcement of the release date for Harry Potter, book 7. I started reading these when I was pregnant with C. in 2000. They reminded me of my favorite fantasy books when I was a kid. Of course, after the first couple you see how well crafted they are and how JK has planned the whole story out so you go back and read again...wait! So THAT's why she added so-and-so in a quick mention in an earlier book...that character comes back with a bigger role!

Honestly, I think this is how come shows like Lost and Heroes have come about. I think the producers wanted that "pre-planned intricate plot" that JK has worked wonders with, they figure it's golden. And it is. As wonderful as organically grown plots are, there's something to be said when you can go to the past and look for clues to the future. When things are so intertwined you think, "Aha!"

Heck, I feel like that in real life sometimes. Like the path I walk has clues to the future that I only notice when I look back. So much of life is connected in that way...I have cheesy poems dating back to 5th grade pondering the way life is woven together.

So it's no wonder that I love the fantasy world of Harry Potter. It's well written, reminds me of my childhood escapes into books, good conquers evil (we hope it continues to) and anyone can be a hero. Not to mention, reading JK's site, I've really come to admire her as a person. She stood strong and left a bad marriage, struggling through being a single mom. She's concerned about how we teach girls to think of themselves...she's got an honest heart and reaches out to help where she can.

I need to re-read the books...then re-read the British versions! Oh, I need to pre-order a British version!

This will be 'the end of an era' and I can't figure out if I want to read it quickly or not read it at all. I'm excited for JK's accomplishments and I do want to know how the story ends...I think.

0 i wanna add my .02!: