CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

2.12.2007

Unwritten

Today, after I dropped C. off at school, I was walking home, listening to my iPod. Unwritten was the song and suddenly I thought, today is unwritten. I have things I need to do, but not every moment is written. I took a detour and walked the long way home. It occurred to me that one different turn and J. and I would be at the local tot lot. So one more detour later and J. and I were playing at the tot lot, her joy at this unexpected departure of routine glowed in her face.


Yes it was cold, yes I missed having an adult to talk to while our kids played together. But we had fun, she brought me into her play and showed joy and pride in her accomplishment of climbing the rock wall over and over again to get to the slide. Dear J. is like me. She could take the easy way up, but instead chose the challenge so she could stand at the top and applaud herself.

I want to remember more that my days are still unwritten, through the blank moments, I can explore and find new joy. Maybe find myself a bit more too.

0 i wanna add my .02!: