CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

1.21.2007

Snowy Sunday


Finally, a fluffy, lighthearted blog entry.

This morning, I wasn't ready to get out of bed, but since I refused to nurse J. (thinking it was earlier than it was based on the light in the room) she woke up. Then C. woke up. So I got up, checked the time, it was 7am. Our usual wake up time. So I set the kids up with breakfast and go upstairs to get ready for church.

Amazingly, the morning goes well, with almost no stress. J. drops off easily in the toddler room and C. is eager to go to Sunday school, so eager in fact that he resents having to stay through the singing until the younger kids are dismissed to class.

When I forget my pen, like today, I find my mind wandering during the service. I do remember it was the first of a nine week series about the aspects of God and it was about truth, faith, hope and love. I have the chapter I need to read marked, so I'm sure I can pull something from that when my brain is concentrating.

Afterwards, I pulled the kids out of their classes and we had a snack then they went back and I stayed for the small groups part of church. Jilly had a hard time going back, but eventually fell asleep (her nap time is right in the middle of church). I got to talk with a group of other preschool parents who were so friendly and funny it was heartwarming. Then when we started the topic of discussion "Letting Go" (oh my how do I know that conundrum lately) I was impressed at how thoughtful they all are. I think I'm going to enjoy this part of church more than the service.

Afterwards, we came home and I wrote to P. my thoughts of the first chapter of The Purpose Driven Life (he asked yesterday that we read it together). While I was composing the email, he came online and we chatted a bit.

The kids and I had purchased some Sculpy clay the day before and we spent quite a bit of time making two Larryboy sculptures (or, I did, they played with the extra dough). Oh, I picked this picture because even if it does't show her Larryboy well, it sure shows how J. just looks up to her older brother!

Then, we went out to play in the first real daytime snow of the year. I got some stuff in the garage cleaned out so I can park the car inside and by that time J. was too cold to handle anymore (comes of eating too much snow) and we came inside and had the hot cocoa I had put on the stove before we went out. By the way- a Greyhound in booties in the first snow is just hilarious. It almost makes up for the fact it took longer to put her boots on and take them off than she was actually outside. YouTube embedded video below. This isn't even the funniest of her antics, she kept spinning around and when she first took off running she slid down the hill on her side.


Yesterday, in my prayer journal, I 'said' I feel I am doing well with the healing and it's time for my focus to turn from myself to the people around me. I'm really pleased with the results.


For your viewing pleasure, Flower the Hawaiian Greyhound in the snow:

0 i wanna add my .02!: