CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

9.07.2006

By inches and ounces

Two revelations today. The first was that if I had stuck to Weight Watchers I'd be my ideal weight by now. Or at least at a plateau near my ideal weight.

At the steady-ish 2lbs a week I was losing, I could be within spitting distance of a body I can live with in 6mos and a body I can be proud of in a year. Isn't that much better than hating myself for squeezing into clothes, because the fear of buying up would be permission to gain even more weight. So back to counting points it will be. You be sure to remind me of this!

Today, C and I had an argument about the TV. At one point C smacked me. My first reaction was to hit him back. And third, fourth and sixth reaction. I managed to hold it in, but felt bad for the way I responded otherwise, including yelling.

I know that how I treat him directly reflects how he treats us. Never is it more clear that my childhood causes these urges, and I don't want to breed that into him. If you've read my AP page, you know I don't believe in spanking. But putting it into practice when you know hitting is hard. So I have slipped and spanked and hit C. I beat myself up everytime.

My realization today was that when I do resist that urge, instead of overlooking that and berating myself for the yelling, I should first be proud for resisting the urge. Look at the positive- what I have changed. Then look at what I should change. I'm hoping that change will happen faster when I give myself the positive reinforcement. I have to learn to treat myself nicely, not just the kids.

0 i wanna add my .02!: